Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Tattooed Angel

If you had said to me a year ago that I would have a man living in my house that was covered in tattoos and a shady past, I would have laughed. Ha Ha he is here! And he is an angel. On loan to me from extended family, Jim is my new best friend. He is a little chatty, but he is fun to be around. 7 weeks into this and I am not looking for an excuse to get rid of him. In fact I would be devistated if he left us. He takes care of Rick like he is the most important person in the world. He does things for Rick that I don't even think of sometimes and he never forgets anything. He cleans, he does laundry, he cooks and he stays on top of my boys. He is here 24/7 and has agreed to stay here until the end of Rick's illness.

So all you single ladies out there when Jim's job is done here he will be available. Don't tell Jim about my blog because I don't want him to know that I said all this about him. I just hung a sign above his bed that said "Employee of the Month" from Fischetti Enterprises. He cracked up.

Now I am not saying that we do not have to be cautious. If I didn't know and trust the extended family who sent him here he would not be living here. But all of us need redeeming at times in our lives. Jim has never done anything like this before, taking care of someone who is has a terminal illness. Yet here he is. I said a few prayers about this and I know Jim has been an answer to many prayers.

1 comment:

Debby said...

I am happy you have found someone to help out. We never know how our prayers will be answered, but they are answered. You and your family are in our prayers.