Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Today I feel Grateful

I am going to get better at staying on top of this blog. Today I feel grateful for my life. Have you heard the song from Kenny Chesney and Dave Matthews, "I'm Alive." What a great song. What a wonderful life this and what a gift this life is if we CHOOSE to make it that. I am grateful that I got to be Mom. And a mom to these kids. And I get to be the mother of Rick's kids. Even though I am losing him for this life I can look into their beautiful faces and see my husbands eyes staring back at me through Ben. Or his looks through Jack. Or his mouth through Isabella. Heavenly Father really loves me to give me that. And what a beautiful day today is. I just gave Rick his breakfast through a feeding tube. We were joking and smiling. And outside it is gorgeous! And tonight we get to drive to Brytana's volleyball game in Richmond and see her play...with a stop to Cracker Barrel on the way! And Rick will be with us and will get to see his daughter rock it on the court.
Maybe a month from now it won't be such a great day. I don't kn0w. I try not to think that far ahead. But today is a good day. "I'm alive, and well that's good enough for me."

2 comments:

matt and michelle ray said...

Aww, I didn't know you had a blog! That's awesome. Such a great family history! Thanks for sharing your feelings!

Debby said...

Awesome! It is great to be able to realize the blessings even when we are in the midst of trials. Hang in there and know that you are loved.